Coming to southeast Queens, a project from JFK Corporation
Square, is a sixteen story office & retail facility developed
by L-COR. Also planned for southeast Queens is a four to five story
hotel. Long range plans include rezoning from manufacturing to commercial
and retail development by the Local Planning Board.
The time has arrived for The Minority Business Community to obtain
Economic Empowerment on future Economic Development Initiatives.
Therefore AMENY offers the following model for
Economic Development in New York State.
A Six-Point Concept
- Minority developers and co de-developers on State assisted projects
- Minority professionals as a mandatory part development teams
on State assisted projects
- A program for inclusion of minority business of not less
than 20% during construction
- A program for inclusion of minority business in the post construction
management on the completed facilities
- A program offering opportunities for project area community
residents to fill one out of every four construction jobs on the
- Creation of a minority investment fund by which community residents
can invest and gain equity ownership on all State assisted projects
- Community Board 12 Right of First Refusal